The Low Test market is massive. If it’s not patches, gels or intramuscular injections then doctors hand out prescriptions for erectile dysfunction pills like candy.
There are problems with this though.
And it’s not just the massive cost. There’s the inconvenience, the possible side effects and the variability in the effectiveness of these remedies.
Step forward natural test boosters. Sadly most of these target the body builder market, but some specialist boosters have been designed specifically to combat low test in older males.
Prime Male is one of those. Let’s get started…
So, how have Propura set out the Prime Male formula? What are the standout ingredients and the points to note?
We fully analyse the ingredients and the dosages chosen for Prime Male later in the article. First though … the scores
For reviwers who like to find the flaws that others miss, Prime Male is frustratingly on point.
Propura, the creators Prime Male, are clearly clued up on what a body over 35 needs to stay at hormonal peak. Estrogen is rising and hurting testosterone, so they include solid natural choices to counter this like vitamin B6 and luteolin. To tip the balance back in the male hormone’s favor there are strong T stimulators like D-Aspartic Acid, nettle root and Mucuna Pruriens.
These are just a few highlights. We’ll take a closer look at the full recipe later in the review.
For all its many plus points, Prime Male is asking more than the average for a booster. As it’s only sold from the official website, there’s no chance to shop around for bargains, which is disappointing.
However the fact that it’s only sold in one place can be a positive – you are not going to end up with knock off counterfeit product.
It’s worth remembering too that price and value are two different things. Yes, it’s costly, but you are paying for quality here. If you can budget for Prime Male, it’s definitely a good investment.
All their products are manufactured in an FDA approved facility in line with Good Manufacturing Practices for supplements. The product is made in the US (but shipped from both the US and UK).
The research and reasoning behind the formula can all be explained by established research. There are no proprietary blends so you know exactly what you are getting.
Lots of boosters just let user feedback on sites do the talking, but those reviews often lack detail and honesty.
Prime Male’s testimonial section is the ‘Ben-Hur’ of test booster testimonial pages. A cast of thousands, and years in the making. A stirring epic, that literally takes hours from start to finish, but leaves a warm glow int eh heart and a tear in the eye at the end.
There are videos, photographs and written pieces from guys all around the world. Crucially all of them are in their 30s, 40s, 50s and older. These guys, in many cases were having the same physical and emotional slumps you might be feeling, so it’s great to see real guys get real results. These lads aren’t just cardboard cutouts for marketing purposes.
Interesting to read reviews from men who had side effects with Testosterone Replacement Therapy but positive results with Prime Male. There is a stand-out testimonial from a guy who’s bloodwork saw a major boost in his test following a month of Prime Male.
Former American Footballers Andre Reed & Scott Zolak even throw their weight behind Prime Male. And Dolph Lundgren too. I’m not crazy about celebrity endorsements usually, but sports people are a different calibre. This isn’t the Kardashians we’re talking about here. These guys won’t just pose and pout in front of anything if the price is right. And Dolph used to be a chemical engineer, he’s not just a highly chiselled Scandinavian face.
These guys understand what it’s like to reach their physical peak and pride themselves on staying there. It’s unlikely they’d risk their reputations on a questionable product.
We found no problems with Propura. They demonstrate a deep understanding of the male body which is detailed in-depth on their website. Propura are also the kind of company willing to monitor the latest research. They aren’t too proud (or too cheap) to alter their recipe if it means better results. That’s too rare in this industry.
Users are directed to take 4 servings of 1 capsules daily. This is ideal in striking a balance between ease of use and effectiveness. You can have best booster in the world but if you’re only taking it once or twice, no way it’ll keep T firing all day.
We’ve pulled some of our favourites from the testimonials page for you;
– Called the sunshine vitamin as it’s made when sunlight hits our skin, high levels of D3 cause a boost in testosterone. This is why our beards grow faster in summer than in winter. D3 also helps your immune system and the uptake of calcium, for strong bones. Pime Male makes room for the level of D3 (5000IUs) recently settled on by The Vitamin D Council as the advised daily dose. Well above the 3300UIs seen to get T moving.
– D-AA is the amino acid which signals your brain encouraging a bigger supply of vital things like luteinizing hormone – which is crucial to the regulation of the testes. Other important factors for T that D-AA promotes are growth hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone.
Evidence also suggests that D-AA may remove rate limits in T synthesis in the balls, giving us higher levels to use. D-AA is a favourite with body builders, so Prime Male’s levels are less than in a product aimed at muscle builders.
– Not everybody realises that the amount of testosterone in our system isn’t necessarily the amount we’re using. Up to 60% of the hormone can be bound to the protien, sex hormone binding globulin (or SHBG) and unable to be used in the most direct way.
Magnesium helps is to lower our SHGB count freeing up more T and allowing our systems to use it.
– B6 is s great choice gor a couple of reasons. It triggers androgen receptors, which signals to the balls to start making more T, but also control levels of estrogen in the body. As I mentioned if this is too high T can start to struggle.
B6 does a similar job lowering the hormone prolactin, which is often high in men with low T. If you’re suffering from the dreaded, ‘man boob’ you likely have too much prolactin.
When Prime Male was updated in early 2015 the B6 content was increased 10 fold, which speaks volumes.
– Zinc is not something we guys can afford to skimp on. It helps to raise our testosterone by having the brain release crucial things for T production, such as luteinizing hormone. Not only that though, it’s also vital for our overall health. The male prostate requires ten times more zinc than other cells in the body to work properly, for example, so it’s really important.
– Ginseng has a long history of use in traditional medicine and has made the jump to modern use. Nitric oxide means better blood flow and therefore better erections. Ginseng also has a positively balances blood sugars however, which controls insulin. T levels can be suffer if insulin gets out of balance, so adressing that is welcome
– K2 is found in meats and is important for plasma levels in the body and our testes supply of T. It also acts as a support to D3, allowing it to work more effectively by stopping calcification in the arteries and soft tissue.
This was another choice to be topped up when the recipe was perfected, it’s content doubling.
– One of the strongest anti-estrogen ingredients in the natural world. Remember, T & E have a seesaw relationship, so if one is up the other is down.
Luteolin was compared against over 1400 other natural compounds and was found to be the best at reducing female hormone. Estrogen levels start to rise as we age so for Prime Male’s customers this is smart.
– Boron is tough to get in the right amounts from your diet. This is a real shame as it’s a mineral with the ability to both raise T and lower estrogen. One study showed that 6mg of boron daily for 2 months saw free testosterone rise 29.5mg.
– Studies suggest Mucuna Pruriens boost our production of free testosterone. Not only that though, they are a great source of the amino acid levodopa (L-DOPA) which promotes T and human growth hormone. This bean can also reduce cortisol, the stress hormone which blocks our testosterone. Less stress means higher T and better mood. Sign me up for that.
– Nettle root is another great choice. Remember earlier we spoke about lowering the SHBG to free up more T?
Nettle root has been shown in studies to limit the SHGB, but also has beta-sitosterol which reduces estrogen. It also saw a 15% increase when the recipe was updated.
– Black pepper by any other name is just as…peppery? BioPerine is just black pepper to help the body absorb the good stuff.
The over 30s booster market might be a crowded one, but in our opinion Prime Male tops them all. The formula, which is the most important part of any supplement, is second to none. There’s something in there to counteract every unwanted hormone changes as we age.
We’re making Prime Male our gold medal winning test booster, no question. This is currently your best bet for naturally restoring peak T with and all the benefits that brings.
We’ll keep an eye out for challengers, as always, but this effort will take some beating.
We hope you have found our review useful. To discover more about the product, click here to go to the official website.
If you have any questions please leave a comment on this page and we will answer them for you.