Ageless Male Review
Ageless Male from NewVitality is aimed squarely at reversing the inevitable steady decline in levels that we all experience beyond the age of 30.
Its offers reassuring promises;
- Higher free testosterone
- Enhanced libido and performance
- Raised energy and metabolism
- Supporting muscle strength
How Does Ageless Male Work?
But does the formula support these assertions?. Well there’s only one way to find out and that’s to dive in and look under the hood.
- Vitamin B6 for additional estrogen blocking
- Minerals zinc and magnesium to promote test creation and raise free testosterone respectively
- Fenugreek boosts testosterone, regulates blood sugars and control insulin levels
We analyse the ingredients for Ageless Male later in the article. First though … the scores
You could make a strong case for any of the ingredients in Ageless Male being pretty indispensable from a booster point a view, the problem is there’s just so few of them.
The fenugreek and zinc are well placed to help boost your male hormone while B6 has a good chance of curbing estrogen, but the magnesium is disappointingly under dosed, the serving schedule isn’t the greatest and there are several proven testosterone stimulating ingredients missing altogether.
This 7 is conditional on you being able to find it for the low price of $15, that’s so cheap it’s very good value. Any more than that though and it starts to look less enticing. It goes without saying that if you can only find it in the U.K at ridiculous cost, avoid.
The majority of Amazon feedback is mixed but the trustworthiness of those isn’t always the strongest. For what it’s worth it has 26% 5 star reviews and 40% 1 star at the time of writing.
No real problems with the supplement as it is now. It is manufactured in the U.S in line with the good manufacturing practices expected and they don’t use proprietary blends so everything’s on the label for inspection.
The overhaul of formula and prominent complaint about it in its original form give us pause for thought though.
New Vitality is a well-known supplement company with a wide range of products available. It also goes by the name NAC Marketing Company which currently has a B+ from the Better Business Bureau.
We stumbled across a few customer service complaints of non-fulfilment of money back promises and non-cancelled subscriptions which are worth bearing in mind.
How Do I Take It?
Ageless Male recommends that you take 1 capsules twice a day to get the best effects.
Any Ageless Male Side Effects?
We found a forum post on Peak Testosterone entitled “Ageless Male: My Horror Story” which, as you might imagine, detailed some extremely troubling symptoms that the author attributed to this supplement.
These included brain fog, mood swings, loss of erections and many more. Obviously this is just one unsubstantiated post, which makes a few frankly ridiculous claims (longer, thinner penis? Really??). We just don’t believe it. It is worth noting that this post emerged in 2011 and the Ageless Male formula was revamped almost completely in 2012. No complaints since.
Where Can I Get Ageless Male?
Ageless Male is available from a range of online outlets priced anywhere between the $50 mark on the company website and $15 on Amazon. This is for a 1 month supply of 60 capsules. It’s available on Amazon.co.uk for a very hefty £60, presumably because it’s an import.
Ageless Prime Ingredients – In Detail
Now wee examine the all-important ingredients. This is something which we are able to do because all ingredients and their dosages are displayed on the label, avoiding any of the question marks inherent in proprietary blends. Let’s get to it.
A great choice for keeping estrogen in check. Estrogen has been shown to rise as we age, mainly because testosterone falls and the two are counterbalanced. B6 has proven to be effective at working on the C2 pathway in the brain to limit the estrogen production and reduce the activity of the estrogen already present in the system. This allows testosterone to flourish. We would like to have seen a little more in terms of dose, there is still a fairly strong presence in Ageless Male.
Magnesium is another strong choice. Up to 60% of the testosterone in our system at any one time can be tied up by the protein Sex Hormone Binding Globulin, which renders it effectively dormant. Magnesium is one of the best natural options for freeing this unusable testosterone, increasing our ratio of free testosterone which can immediately be put to use. The only problem then is the dose. 16.88mg, even over 2 capsules, is light. We would have expected to see much more.
It’s difficult to get your ideal amount of zinc from everyday foodstuffs, which is unfortunate because it’s one of the best minerals for maintaining healthy testosterone levels. Zinc stimulates the production of luteinizing hormone, which is key to regulating how much test we produce. It has also been shown in some studies to remove rate limits on the testes leading to vastly increased male hormone output. One capsule has 15mg meaning that the 2 capsules a day bring you up to 30mg, which is an ideal dose.
Here under brand name Testofen, fenugreek is a strong choice. Alongside its firmly established reputation as a libido enhancer, it also has the ability to regulate blood sugars. This in turn balances insulin levels which, if allowed to get out of check, can hurt testosterone production. 300mg is not a bad dosage, though it could be a little stronger.
You could argue that Ageless Male is headed in the right direction with these ingredients but there are so many essentials missing it falls well short of being one of the more effective boosters aimed at the over 30s.
Studies Quoted in the Review
- Symes EK, Bender DA, Bowden JF, Coulson WF. Increased target tissue uptake of, and sensitivity to, testosterone in the vitamin B6 deficient rat 1984
- Bliskind & Bliskind Inactivation of testosterone propionate in the liver during vitamin B complex deficiency. Alteration of the estrogen-androgen equilibrium 1945
- Maggio M. et al Magnesium and anabolic hormones in older men Department of Internal Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Parma, Parma, Italy (2011)
- Excoffon, L., Guillaume, Y. C. Magnesium effect on testosterone-SHBG association studied by a novel molecular chromatography approach Université de Franche-Comté (2009)
- Kilic, M et al. Effect of fatiguing bicycle exercise on thyroid hormones and testosterone levels in sedentary males receiving oral zinc. Selçuk University, Konya, Turkey 2007
- Steels E, Rao A, Vitetta L. Physiological aspects of male libido enhanced by standardized Trigonella foenum-graecum extract and mineral formulation. Applied Science and Nutrition Pty Ltd, Clinical Trials, Brisbane, Australia.
- Wilborn C et al Effects Of A Purported Aromatase And 5α-reductase Inhibitor On Hormone Profiles In College-age Men Dept. of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, Belton, TX, USA.
- Kochhar A, Nagi M. Effect of supplementation of traditional medicinal plants on blood glucose in non-insulin-dependent diabetics: a pilot study Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Punjab, India (2005)