How Do I Take It?
Users take 3 caps 30 minutes before ‘activity’, or for ‘long term support’ 2 caps once a day with water.
We’ve seen some weird and wonderful serving schedules in our time and this definitely has the first part of that combo down. Second part, not so much.
(Activity? I mean, they probably mean working out because that’s an activity. But so is scratching your butt technically. Come on guys, specifics!)
It hardly matters. 2 caps or 3 caps it’s still just one serving a day, and that is nowhere near enough to sustain any serious hormone improvement for a full day. Any advantages there are to Vialus will wear out long before you do.
The best way to avoid this is to aim for a booster which suggests 3 or 4 servings a day. That means everything is adequately supported for a full day of activity. (Working out AND butt scratching all inclusive).
Any Vialus Side Effects?
In rare cases Saw Palmetto can cause issues. Mild nausea, dizziness and even impotence have been reported, but like we say – it’s unusual.
Yohimbe can also cause anxiety and hypertension is certain amounts.
One important thing to remember is it’s impossible to completely rule out side effects in any supplement that uses proprietary blends. Simply because you don’t have all the facts.
Where Can I Get Vialus?
Customers will find Vialus on sale at Amazon.com for $39.99 for a one month supply.
Ingredients – In Detail
This is a good start. It promotes strong blood flow and stimulates libido, but we’ve no clue how much is involved in the formula so whether it will help is up for debate.
Horny Goat Weed
Horny Goat weed’s main strength (as with most of the ingredients in Vialus) is in boosting sex drive. No real evidence that it stimulates male hormone in any meaningful way.
Even the benefits it does bring are in doubt here because we don’t know the amount we’re getting.
Maca is much the same story. Possible boost for libido but really no notable aid for T, which – spoiler alert – is kind of what we’re after when buying a natural testosterone supplement.
Munica Pruriens, sometimes called velvet bean is a strong choice. It stimulates the amino acid L-Dopa. This is useful not only because it stimulates androgens, but it also lowers the stress hormone cortisol, which stops it blocking T and improves your mood.
If we could be sure we had a good amount, this would be a high spot.
A lot of big claims are made about the herb Poltpodium Vulgare. Mainly centering on improvements in libido and stamina. There is also a suggestion it may be a natural penis enlarger, but as of publication all of these claims seem to be all mouth and no lab coat.
More common in fat burners where it can absolutely be useful. The issue in this case is certain amounts can cause side effects and Vialus isn’t in the mood to let us know how much it’s using. Charming, eh?
Again saw palmetto has no real advantage as far as raising T is concerned, but it does have a fairly important role to play. It’s one of the best natural ways of guarding against prostate enlargement, a real concern for us guys as we age.
Hard to give kudos though when there could be 1g or 1mg.
See maca and horny goat weed for details. Another possible sexual enhancer.
This has been shown to help increase blood flow and raise energy. Trouble is L-Arginine isn’t well absorbed by the body when taken orally. That means you’re going to need a lot of it to get the effect. With just 1560mg there’s little chance your getting that here.
D3, D-Aspartic Acid, magnesium, boron and zinc for T boosting. Vitamin B6 or luteolin for estrogen blocking. Many of the big players are MIA.
When it comes down to it Vialus is less a quality T booster and more an an expensive love potion. There’s just too much focus on the aphrodisiac side of things.
If you really still want it though, this formula is identical to the similarly disappointing but slightly cheaper Prime Rut, which we reviewed on this site a while back.
Our advice though, avoid both and go for a better rounded, more effective option.
Studies Quoted in the Review
- Shindel AW, Xin ZC, Lin G, Fandel TM, Huang YC, Banie L, Breyer BN, Garcia MM, Lin CS, Lue TF Erectogenic and neurotrophic effects of icariin, a purified extract of horny goat weed (Epimedium spp.) in vitro and in vivo. University of California Knuppe Molecular Urology Laboratory-Department of Urology, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA.(2010)
- Dording CM, Fisher L, Papakostas G, Farabaugh A, Sonawalla S, Fava M, Mischoulon D. A double-blind, randomized, pilot dose-finding study of maca root (L. meyenii) for the management of SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. Depression Clinical and Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA..(2008)
- Yamada T, Nakamura J, Murakami M, Okuno Y, Hosokawa S, Matsuo M, Yamada H. Effect of chronic L-dopa administration on serum luteinizing hormone levels in male rats. Environmental Health Science Laboratory, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Osaka, Japan (1995)
- Müller T, Welnic J, Muhlack S. Acute levodopa administration reduces cortisol release in patients with Parkinson’s disease. Department of Neurology, St. Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany (2007)
- Ostojic SM Yohimbine: the effects on body composition and exercise performance in soccer players. Institute of Sports Medicine, Sports Academy, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro. (2008)
- Bertaccini A1, Giampaoli M, Cividini R, Gattoni GL, Sanseverino R, Realfonso T, Napodano G, Fandella A, Guidoni E, Prezioso D, Galasso R, Cicalese C, Scattoni V, Armenio A, Conti G, Corinti M, Spasciani R, Liguori G, Lampropoulou N, Martorana G. Observational database serenoa repens (DOSSER): overview, analysis and results. A multicentric SIUrO (Italian Society of Oncological Urology) project. Clinica Urologica, Policlinico Sant’Orsola-Malpighi, Università di Bologna, Italy. (2012)
- Bucci LR Selected herbals and human exercise performance. Weider Nutrition International, Salt Lake City, UT 84104-4726, USA (2000)
- Böger RH, Bode-Böger SM, Thiele W, Creutzig A, Alexander K, Frölich JC. Restoring vascular nitric oxide formation by L-arginine improves the symptoms of intermittent claudication in patients with peripheral arterial occlusive disease. Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Hannover Medical School, Germany (2008)
- Reay JL, Kennedy DO, Scholey AB. Single doses of Panax ginseng (G115) reduce blood glucose levels and improve cognitive performance during sustained mental activity. Northumbria University, UK (2005)