Some boosters grab you straight away with a catchy name or flashy label. Pronabolin isn’t one of those.
But with booster bottle as with life, it’s what’s on the inside that counts. Pronabolin is aimed at reversing age related testosterone loss, a problem which comes knocking for us all eventually, so we’ll always give these products a fair shake. Does it really have what it takes to restore energy, strength, mood and libido though?
One thing we’re pleased to see right away is no proprietary blends. No covering up of any ingredient amounts. That’s always a solid start, let’s see if it keeps it up.
How Does It Work?
At a Glance
- Tribulus Terrestris supposedly to boost T
- Fenugreek to ballance blood sugars and support T
- Milk Thistle help get rid of toxins
- Alpha Lipoic Acid for alleged anti-aging properties
- Eurycoma Longfolia & Horny Goat Weed
We’ll explore this choices a little more deeply after the scores
Pronabolin gets off too a bad start devoting most of its recipe to Tribulus Terrestris, a largely discredited T booster.
After that, really the only high spot is the solid dose of Fenugreek. Horny Goat Weed & Eurycoma Longfolia could help libido but are here in weak amounts and we have to wonder if Alpha Lipoc Acid and Milk Thistle couldn’t have made way for some much better direct T boosters. As for the digestive blend, that’s more space wasted countering a side effect which, in better boosters, isn’t there at all
The cheapest we found Pronabolin for is just under $80, which is ridiculous. The boosters in our Top 3 don’t even cost anywhere near that.
Fenugreek is just about the only highlight here and if you want that ingredient so bad, you can buy it seperately much more cheaply. There’s the possible (no more than that) boost to libido too, but it’s still nowhere near worth this kind of cash.
Pronabolin is manufactured in the U.S with GMP approval and it’s to their credit that they don’t use proprietary blends, but beyond that we’ve got several bones to pick with this supplement.
For a start representing this formula as the best way to restore your test when the evidence just doesn’t back that up. Mostly though, we take issue with the outrageous price they’re asking, which there’s no excuse for.
There is a 120 day money back promise but there’s a problem. You only quaklify for it when you have sampled enough of the supplement … but that amount is never stated.
There’s no testimonal section on the official website which is a shame for us because it means we’re denied the kind of detail that really proves a supplement’s worth. But it’s also a shame for the makers because it means we have to go to the feedback on retail sites.
That’s very mixed. Pronabolin only manages a 3 star rating from just 26 reviews. A lot of people feel it’s not effective and one even reported kidney problems.
It’s easy to flood Amazon with fake five star reviews and we respect the company for not doing that, but it’s still not a great report card.
Pronabolin is manufactured by Applied Delivery Systems, a supplement company based in New York and set up in 2008. After that it’s pretty hard to find any more information on the company, other than where to buy their modest selection of products. As far as we here at HowToLiveHealthy are concerned, sharing is caring. If they won’t share, we don’t care.
How Do I Take It?
Users should take 3 servings once a day.
So the directions say anyway. But smart supplement users will already know that single serving boosters are just about as poor a delivery system as you can get. Any improvements 1 serving can’t provide won’t last 24hrs.
They would’ve been far better spacing those 3 caps out into one serving each. 3 servings evenly spread is the best way to ensure no decline during the day.
Pronabolin Side Effects?
We wouldn’t expect too much in the way of side effects from Pronabolin, but fenugreek can upset some people’s stomach which may be the reason for the digestive blend.
Where Can I Get It?
A month’s supply of Pronabolin is available from the official site for $79.95 with reductions per bottle if you buy in bulk.
Ingredients – In Detail
We don’t know what research Pronabolin’s being looking at but it must be pretty out of date. There was a brief time when Trib was celebrated as a great T booster, but since then nearly every clinical trial has debunked it’s supposed effect.
650mg here is a big waste.
Arguably the only highlight of Pronabolin. Feenugreek can not only balance blood sugar healthing to regulate insulin and keep it out the way of male hormone, it also promotes important androgens for T production.
300mg is a solid amount too
This is simply a mix of probiotics to help Probolin go down (and stay down) smoother. It does nothing for your T so 250mg a precious space to be wasting.
Shows limited promise as a T-booster but effects are too mixed across subject groups for us to say for sure it will help you here.
The only serious benefit milk thistle is its anti-oxidant effects. That’s great and all but it does nothing for your T and in a T booster that’s not ideal
Alpha Lipoic Acid
More common to fat burners because in large doses it may help to burn fat. You could make an argument for it being here, as when testosterone drops we tend to gain fat and lose muscle definition. Again though, there’s not nearly enough.
This herb’s real strength is as a consistent libido booster. Certain studies have shown that it may return men suffering with clinically low testosterone back to within normal range, but this is disputed and sex drive improvement is the only solidly proven benefit. Even then it usually takes more than is on offer here.
Horny Goat Weed
This won’t do much for actual T levels, but does show promise as a libido booster and may help in some cases of erectile dysfunction. However it usually does that in doses of 200mg and above. We don’t have that here.
There’s an awful lot that’s gone walkabout here. No D-Aspartic Acid or Vitamin D3. No zinc or magnesium.
And maybe most disappointingly of all for a booster supposedly battling age related T loss, no anti-estrogen components like B6 or luteolin
As it turns out Pronabolin is just as uninspiring and confused on the inside as it is on the outside. It might be forgiveable if it wasn’t so ridiculously overpriced. When it comes to T boosters, you don’t have to look very hard to find a lot more for a lot less.
Studies Quoted in the Review
- Neychev VK, Mitev VI. The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men. Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical University, 2 Zdrave str., Sofia-1431, Bulgaria. (2005)
- Wilborn C et al Effects Of A Purported Aromatase And 5α-reductase Inhibitor On Hormone Profiles In College-age Men Dept. of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, Belton, TX, USA.
- Kochhar A, Nagi M. Effect of supplementation of traditional medicinal plants on blood glucose in non-insulin-dependent diabetics: a pilot study Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Punjab, India (2005)
- Godard MP, Johnson BA, Richmond SR. Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men. University of Kansas, Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Applied Physiology Laboratory, Lawrence, KS (2005)
- Ostojic SM Yohimbine: the effects on body composition and exercise performance in soccer players. Institute of Sports Medicine, Sports Academy, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro. (2008)
- Carbonelli MG, Di Renzo L, Bigioni M, Di Daniele N, De Lorenzo A, Fusco MA. Alpha-lipoic acid supplementation: a tool for obesity therapy? Azienda Ospedaliera San Camillo-Forlanini, Rome, Italy. (2010)
- Steels E, Rao A, Vitetta L. Physiological aspects of male libido enhanced by standardized Trigonella foenum-graecum extract and mineral formulation. Applied Science and Nutrition Pty Ltd, Clinical Trials, Brisbane, Australia.
- Shindel AW, Xin ZC, Lin G, Fandel TM, Huang YC, Banie L, Breyer BN, Garcia MM, Lin CS, Lue TF Erectogenic and neurotrophic effects of icariin, a purified extract of horny goat weed (Epimedium spp.) in vitro and in vivo. University of California Knuppe Molecular Urology Laboratory-Department of Urology, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA.(2010)