Just Men Testeral Review
Natural testosterone boosters can’t be a great way to reverse age related T loss. But although they’re not as expensive as procedures like TRT, for a lot of people they’re still not cheap. That’s why at we’re always on the lookout for budget options here at HowToLiveHealthy and Just Men Testeral from Superior Source is definitely that.
It clocks in at under $20 for a two month supply, which is very good when you consider you normally pay around double or triple that for half the amount. Happy days …
Right away we can see a catch though. All of Just Men Testeral’s ingredients are in a proprietary blend, meaning no individual doses for ingredients, only an overall volume.
Not only that, the volume is split over just 80mg amongst the 8 parts of the formula. This is tiny. Plenty of boosters use 5 times that on one ingredient. A closer look is required.
How Does It Work?
At a Glance
- Tribulus Terrestris & Chrysin to supposedly boost T
- Fenugreek supports T by regulating blood sugar
- Maca, & Tongkat Ali to stimulate sex drive
- Velvet bean to promote T and improve mood
- Stivena Leaf to sweeten disolvable tablet
We’ll look at that in more depth right after the scores
Just Men Testeral only has two high points from a T boosting standpoint: fenugreek and velvet bean. Even those are questionable because we don’t know if they have an active dose. After the two pluses, we’ve got debunked Tribulus and a selection of libido boosters. Help for libido would be great if it was mixed with direct hormone stimulators, but there’s too much missing here.
For all its problems, Just Men Tesetral does offer a 2 month supply for under $20, which is pretty amazing. If it were any good. It’s hard to call this value for money because although you’re not paying much, this booster probably won’t be doing much. There are better budget options available.
There’s nothing unsafe about Just Men Testeral but there are quite a few things that are unimpressive. Hiding all the ingredients in proprietary blend for one, but worse than that is having such a microscopic overall dose. It’s marketed as a T booster but is mostly just (thinly) padded out with libido boosters.
User reviews are pretty thin on the ground. At time of writing there are 2 from Amazon.com and one from Wallgreens. Two of these three say they haven’t seen much effect, while one 4 star review only says, ‘Seems to help with workout’.
Superior source are a wing of the Continental Vitamin Company, started by President Rob Beckwith, who began selling supplements outside the famous Gold’s Gym in the 60s. Since then the operation has grown and now has a huge range of products and worldwide reach. It’s a no frills but professional operation, which doesn’t worry us but doesn’t blow us away either.
How Do I Take It?
Users dissolve one tablet a day under their tongue.
One tablet, that’s handy isn’t it? It’s also pretty useless to be honest.
Let’s assume for a minute that Just Men Testeral had the perfect formula, I serving a day would only keep active ingredients at their peak for a few hours. After that they start to fade.
You are better looking for a booster that suggests 3 or even better 4 servings a day, to keep it working evenly for 24hrs.
Any Just Men Testeral Side Effects?
No users have reported any side effects and we expect to see any.
Where Can I Get It?
Customers can find a 2 month supply at Amazon.com for $18.74
Ingredients – In Detail
Bad start. For a long time this plant was pitched by a lot of boosters as a great T booster. And to paraphrase Scooby Doo, they would’ve got away with it if it wasn’t for those meddling scientist. Studies have consistently shown it has no effect on hormone levels and a slight boost in libido is the best you can hope for. Waste of time and formula space.
Really weird choice this one. The T boosting benefits of licorice are vague at best. In fact one study showed that in the right amount it can actually lower male hormone. Since we don’t know any dosages in Just Men Testeral, we can’t rule that out here.
A lot like Maca this choice has its advantages – raised libido, possible help for erectile dysfunction – but actual testosterone boosting abilities are limited.
This is a little better. Fenugreek brings a few good things to the table. It stimulates androgens for T production, and regulates blood sugars to help balance insulin, which stops it blocking T. As an added bonus, it’s also a well-known aphrodisiac.
Now this does boost T, but sadly it has only shown results when injected directly into the testicles. Makes you want to strap on a chastity belt just thinking about it, eh? Oral supplementation hasn’t been successful so this is a bit of a con.
Maca root does little for your hormone levels, but in its defence it may help improve libido and sexual performance as far as erection strength is concerned.
Another rare high point. Also known as Munica Pruriens, these beans are a great source of the amino acid L-Dopa. L-Dopa not only helps to promote T, it also cuts cortisol, the stress hormone. Cortisol blocks T, and contributes to anxiety, so lowering it should help your mood.
You may know this as a sugar replacement, and you’d be right. Does nothing for T but gives the tablets a slight flavour. A bit pointless.
That’s an understatement. Even taking the tiny doses of what’s here, Just Men Testeral is missing so many things you need from a serious T booster.
D-Aspartic Acid is pretty much a must, and you’d hope to see a healthy dose of vitamin D3 normally. Important minerals like zinc, magnesium and boron are also AWOL.
There’s also rising estrogen levels in older guys to think about. It would be nice to see some proven ingredients to counter that, like vitamin B6 or luteolin.
The price is certainly right, but that’s about the only thing that is unfortunately. Around 10mg of every ingredient, good or bad, once a day won’t get you results. Save your cash for something that will.
Studies Quoted in the Review
- Neychev VK, Mitev VI. The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men. Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical University, 2 Zdrave str., Sofia-1431, Bulgaria. (2005)
- Armanini C, Bonnani G, Palermo M.Reduction of Serum Testosterone in Men by Licorice N Engl J Med (1999)
- Kochhar A, Nagi M. Effect of supplementation of traditional medicinal plants on blood glucose in non-insulin-dependent diabetics: a pilot study Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Punjab, India (2005)
- Dording CM, Fisher L, Papakostas G, Farabaugh A, Sonawalla S, Fava M, Mischoulon D. A double-blind, randomized, pilot dose-finding study of maca root (L. meyenii) for the management of SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. Depression Clinical and Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA..(2008)
- Yamada T, Nakamura J, Murakami M, Okuno Y, Hosokawa S, Matsuo M, Yamada H. Effect of chronic L-dopa administration on serum luteinizing hormone levels in male rats. Environmental Health Science Laboratory, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Osaka, Japan (1995)
- Bloomer RJ, Farney TM, McCarthy CG, Lee SR. Standardised water-soluble extract of Eurycoma longifolia, Tongkat ali, as testosterone booster for managing men with late-onset hypogonadism? Cardiorespiratory/Metabolic Laboratory, Department of Health and Sport Sciences, The University of Memphis, Memphis, TN. (2013)
- Gambelunghe C1, Rossi R, Sommavilla M, Ferranti C, Rossi R, Ciculi C, Gizzi S, Micheletti A, Rufini S. Effects of chrysin on urinary testosterone levels in human males. Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Sports Medicine-Laboratorio delle Attività Motorie e Sportive, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy. (2003)